Saturday, October 25, 2008

Something called Process

All of a sudden this blog has come alive. I wonder what may be happening behind the scenes.

I'l tell you what's happening.

I'm getting my butt moving on some sketches and pages here and there (Cue song: I like to move it move it. He likes to move it move it- MOVE IT!).

Ok. That was corny. But I could not help myself.

Anyhoo. Interestingly enough, I happened to be in the mood of snapping some shots of my screen to show that the project Timmy The Killer Robot is NOT dead, despite all the rumors you may have (or not) heard.

I know there have been allot of mind changing going on with this project and this blog has not pulled it's punches in exposing those changes of heart (thank you very much blogger), but we are still moving forward, if at times, we move a little bit backwards.
All thanks to me, of course.

But, ok, here is a little bit to move us forward.

I have been drawing everything in the computer lately. That means my whole work flow starts and ends with the computer. I have found myself to be a bit faster this way and it allows for very fast, none messy, last minute changes to my work.

So typically,
I will start out in Sketchbook Pro, laying out my page and sketching out the scene as I normally would in the traditional form. What's great about working this way is
1. Layers.

I can separate my entire sketch into layers. The face in one layer. the right arm in another, the T-shirt in another and so on. This makes it much easier to erase and change/correct any element within the composition.

and 2.
No mess of papers in my studio. (my Wife hates that).

Seen bellow is a template I created specifically for SBP using the standard comic book page guides.
It's blank now, but that's going to quickly change in a few :)




Now I start working in the sketch little by little. Making sure each element is in it's own layer.






A little closer now folks.


And.....

I think that will be all for Today.
Have to save some for 2morrow ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment